TYPE OF CLIENTS MAKE USE OF A SECURITY RISK ASSESSMENT
You cannot reverse the effects of crime. Crime cannot be undone…
Now, you might ask what type of clients make use of a Security Risk Assessment, and the answer is explained as follows:
- The first type of client that makes use of a Security Risk Assessment is usually international clients with a head office overseas in countries such as Europe and the United States of America. These clients make use of independent Security Risk Assessors.
- The second type of client we have is the one who wants to upgrade their security structure and needs some advice on what the best options are. They usually approach an independent Risk Assessor when they are overloaded with proposals, and they do not know what the best option would be.
- The third type of client, and perhaps the most common type of client we deal with, are the clients who have walked the road with security sales and still sit with the same security problems despite the best and newest technology on the market, or they became a victim of crime even though they spent hundreds of thousands, sometimes even millions on their security structures as recommended by a salesperson.
- Another type of client that we deal with usually approaches us when they do not understand the proposal that they receive from the security companies. They contact us to conduct a Security Risk Assessment on their property to try to establish what they really need.
- The fifth type of client that we deal with is mostly businesses that struggle to come to a decision regarding what security approach they should take. They often request an independent viewpoint to assist them with their decisions.
- The sixth type of client that approaches us is usually the client who has never been affected by crime and suddenly they are being targeted. When the security provider is being asked questions that they cannot answer, we are called in to conduct an Assessment.
- Another type of client we deal with is a victim’s friends or family members who want to know why an incident happened. What could have been done to prevent it, and thus asking us to conduct a Security Risk Assessment to identify who is to blame for not securing the company or the property as it should be?
- The eight type of clients want to understand when security stops and safety starts.
- The nine type of clients and also the most common type of client we deal with do not like to spend money on a security risk assessment, but in the end, it costs them 4 times more compared to what the original assessment would have cost when they try to secure their property their own way. When all else fails, we are asked to fix the mess.
- The last type of clients that want to make the security portfolio court-ready. When the defending party requests proof of the incident, it must be available, and the source must be reliable. The necessary paperwork that supports the story and the information must be researchable/traceable.
Clients are from all walks of life. We deal with farmers, CEOs, businessmen, Estates, warehouses, residential homes, schools, universities, gated communities, shopping centers, and so on.
In short, above is the type of client as well as the reason why these clients would make use of a Security Risk Assessor.
Now, why would a security company use an Independent Security Risk Assessor?
- In the first instance, most security companies approach us when they are in the process of losing one of their flagship contracts. If things go wrong and their client is looking out for someone else, these security companies call on us to assist them to find a way to win the flagship client back. When we conduct a Security Risk Assessment, everyone is on the same security page and speaks the same security language. Clients tend to listen to us because we are independent, and we offer a completely different viewpoint compared to the security company.
- Secondly, security companies want to ensure that their contracts with their most prominent clients are secured. These security companies will then offer Security Risk Assessments to their clients and will approach an independent Security Risk Assessment Consultancy, like Alwinco, to conduct these assessments.
- We have also noticed that security companies approach us when they want to “win” a tender.
All the best, … till we speak again ………
If you think security is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance
Written by Andre Mundell